Tuesday, February 22, 2011

For Christmas we stayed in town this year and spent time with family. Cardon was the star this year and received the most presents of anyone...Surprise, surprise. It was fun to see him open his presents and get excited about things.
This year we tried something a little different. My siblings, their significant others, Clayton and I drew names. The family is getting so big and none of us wanted to go broke this Christmas. We had a blast trying to figure out what to give each other. I drew MaryAnn. I knew exactly what I wanted to give her! She and Mike already had chairs but they didn't have a table so I searched high and low on craigslist (I am the queen of that site) and I found the perfect table for $15! Luckily I had the chairs in my garage already (Clayton and I used them when we were newly married too) and was able to paint the table and chairs colonial red without MaryAnn having the slightest idea. Since I found the table for so cheap I was able to get her some plates and table linens to match. Mike drew my name and got me the BEST sheets ever!!! If anyone knows me well at all they know that I'm obsessed with bed linens. I have several sets and anytime someone comes in town to visit I have an excuse to buy more... I'm crazy I know.

All in all we had a pretty good Christmas and really enjoyed spending that time off from work spending time with family.


For New Year's Eve we had decided to hang out at my parents house to ring in the New Year. We had homemade pizza, played games and watched movies. Then around 10:30pm my mom decided that we needed to go somewhere great to see the fireworks. Normally that would mean a hill, unobstructed field, or tall parking garage but not this year. Some how we ended up on the strip (don't worry, Cardon was at home asleep with Grandpa). Normally we would stay as far away from Las Vegas Blvd. as possible but we had a blast! It's always fun doing something spontaneous with my mom.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: