Wednesday, October 7, 2009

August 21, 2009


On Friday August 21st we decided to go to the hospital since I had been having contractions. They weren't very regular and they didn't hurt at all so I didn't think they would admit me but when we got there around 5pm I was already dilated 4.5 cm and ready to go.
Since my contractions weren't totally regular they broke my water and then started to escalate my labor. I couldn't believe that I was actually in the hospital about to have a baby!
I have never been a patient in a hospital before and was nervous about everything but my Dr. and all the nurses were great and it was a good experience. Labor was about 6 hours long with few complications. I had to push for 2 hours :( and his heart rate went down a couple of times while in the birth canal. It was a little scary but our prayers were answered and everything worked out in the end.
Right after being admitted.

Cardon Anthony Zaugg
7.3 lbs 18 inches
11:24pm

This was taken just seconds after birth.

First time holding him.
Dr. Lewis and my nurse Lori.

Clayton is a proud Daddy!

Our little bundle of joy!
He came out with a shiner (right eye). Poor little man.


We are so happy that Cardon is here. He is such a sweet little baby and fills our lives with joy.

No comments: